I just finished packing for a business trip to Baltimore (I leave at 4 a.m. tomorrow … yikes), and I thought I’d share with you some of my travel essentials:
1. Mini liquors: If I forget these, I will grip the armrests for the duration of the flight and ask my seatmates, “Did you hear that??” every five minutes.
2. In-flight snacks that won’t make the entire cabin smell like farts (I’ve read several posts recently on healthy living blogs about airplane snacks, and they all say to bring things like hard boiled eggs and tuna. Just … no.)
3. Envelope for travel cash/receipts: It’s way better to look like a dork pulling out your giant envelope at every cash register than to spend hours when you get home sorting through a jumble of receipts in your purse and figuring out what cash is yours and what is your company’s.
4. Bottle of the polish I’m wearing: It seems like I always chip my nails while wrangling my luggage through the airport. Before I started bringing extra polish for touch-ups, I would spend the entire trip trying to hide my nails from my colleagues. Everyone thought I was weird. Don’t be like me.
5. Big scarf: Drape it over you if you’re cold; bunch it up and use it as a pillow if you’re sleepy; loop it around your neck and look super stylish upon arrival.
6. And finally, a sassy weekend bag: I’m a chronic over-packer, yet I fit all my clothes for the five-day trip plus a projector and speaker in that sucker.
What are your travel essentials?