I only ran once last week, thanks to the stomach bug/ flu/food poisoning/whatever it was that made me so violently sick last Monday that my appetite didn’t fully return until Friday. Something about seeing elk chili in reverse was enough to make all food seem unappetizing for a few days.
And now you’re feeling sick!
I ran a little over 2.5 miles on Saturday morning to kind of ease myself back into moving after a week off, and I realized that I’m really bored with my running playlist. This morning I found two iTunes gift cards in my wallet that I had forgotten about, so I decided to use one of them to purchase some new running songs. Only I have no idea what to buy. I never listen to the radio, and my iTunes library consists of whiney dudes in skinny jeans/classic rock/songs with banjo solos. Oh and like every bad 90s band in existence. Honestly, liking 90s music is kind of my friendship litmus test – basically, I don’t have space in my life for people who don’t like to sing Ace of Base at the top of their lungs after a few beers on a Friday night. I pretty much only listen to pop music when I’m working out, so I have no idea what’s out there right now. Which is why I need you to help me. I’ll tell you what I already have on my running playlist, and you tell me all the Carly Rae Ke$ha Gomez Cyrus songs I should add.
I bolded the songs that are especially great for when you feel like slowing to a walk, thumbing a ride to the nearest golden arches, and Mcworking your way through a bucket of chicken nuggets:
1. Of Monsters and Men – Little Talks
2. Matt & Kim – Good Ol’ Fashion Nightmare
3. Rihanna – We Found Love
4. OK Go – Get Over It
5. OK Go – Here it Goes Again
6. Matt & Kim – Daylight
7. All American Rejects – Gives You Hell (This song is especially inspiring if you once dated a total asshat, lost a bunch of weight since he last saw you, and are now way out of his league. Hypothetically.)
8. Journey – Don’t Stop Believin
9. The Blue Van – Man Up
10. Kreayshawn – Gucci Gucci (Best lyric? “I’ve got the swag and it’s pumpin’ out my ovaries.”)
11. Lil Wayne feat. Eminem – Drop the World
12. Glee Cast – Telephone (No need to judge me for this one, I’m doing it myself.)
13. Foreigner – Hot Blooded
14. Beck – Loser
15. OK Go – This Too Shall Pass
16. The Black Keys – Howlin’ For You
17. MGMT – Kids