So yesterday I found out that Claire over at The Frenetic Mrs Fox nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award!
Thank you so much, Claire. This is even better than the time I was given the Best Dressed award at the end of my soccer season even though we all wore the same uniforms.
I was pretty bad.
Before I get to the award, let me tell you some reasons you should check out Claire’s blog:
– She is British, which automatically makes her cooler than you. Unless you’re also British, in which case she may or may not be cooler than you, but you’re both definitely cooler than I am.
– She is funny and a good writer and there’s a really cute fox on her blog header.
– Go there now.
The Rules for the Versatile Blogger
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
- Share 7 random facts about you
- Nominate 7 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let them know you have nominated them
So, seven random facts about myself. I’m relieved it doesn’t specify that these facts should be interesting.
1. My first word was “jerk” when my mom slammed on her brakes after getting cut off in traffic.
2. I used to be in love with JTT. You can read about the time I sent him a letter pretending to be a Seventeen magazine model here.
3. I’d love to live in another country someday because I don’t really like ‘Merica very much.
4. I grew up riding horses, and competed in some pretty big shows throughout high school.
5. My left knee has been numb since 2001, thanks to a horseback riding accident. Whoops.
6. I’m a hypochondriac (see this post for proof).
7. I grew up HATING my freckles, and begged my parents to let me have them removed with a laser. I’m glad they ignored me, because now I like them.
So uh, seven bloggers to nominate … I’m going to just do a couple, since I just nominated people for the Sunshine Award and I don’t want to become the Internet creeper who is all “I nominated you for an award!” every other day.
Emily @ Sparkle Meets Pop. Emily and I were college roommates, and she is one of the reasons I started blogging way back in 2005. Her life and style blog makes me want to dust off the Cheez-It crumbs and become a more polished person.
Sarah McMullin because her pictures and stories about her two crazy kids are hilarious and I’m hoping if I nominate her she will update her blog because it’s been since Thanksgiving. (I can say this about her since we’re friends IRL.)