1. I had so much fun last night passing out candy to trick-or-treaters in my Red Riding Hood costume. Unfortunately, my first group of kids got an earful as the cat shot out the open door and into the night, but a little 4-foot tall Dracula assured me that his mom says “shit” all the time and he wouldn’t tell anybody. Awesome.
2. This spiked caramel apple cider was definitely a highlight of my week. And will probably be the highlight of many future weeks, at least until the caramel vodka is gone. Recipe = heat 6 ounces of cider in the microwave and add a shot of caramel vodka. Note: It won’t taste as good if you don’t use a Ninja Turtles shot glass.
3. I have been stalking this vest ever since it hit the Gap website — it quickly sold out in my size online, so I figured I was out of luck. But then a coworker needed a ride to the airport yesterday (the nearest airport is 50 miles away, but also happens to be right next to the mall which contains a Gap store). I managed to grab the LAST vest in the store. It’s a size smaller than I would normally buy, so thank God for vanity sizing (and me not caring about looking like a stuffed sausage this winter). I kind of wanted everything in the store, especially this skirt and these pants.
4. I am making esquites tonight, and if you haven’t had it before you need to try it. And add diced avocado to this recipe, because duh.
5. Today is the first day of NaBloPoMo, and I’m going to try REALLY HARD to post here every day of the month, although SPOILER ALERT my weekend posts will probably consist of photos of me eating carbs topped with cheese in my pajamas. Just keeping it real.