1. We are going to the wine bar after work tonight. I’m looking forward to this even more than usual, since I’m on a self-imposed workweek-drinking ban in an attempt to keep holiday weight gain to a minimum. I know tonight is technically still a weeknight, but I count the weekend as starting the second I walk out of my office on Friday evenings.
2. I beat my 5k PR by over two minutes on Tuesday night. I’ve been whining about how slow I am for a while, and one of my runner friends finally was all, “Dude, JUST SHUT UP AND TRY TO RUN FASTER.” So I did, and I didn’t die.
3. I discovered a new favorite lunch this week: Mashed sweet potato topped with avocado. I found these awesome microwaveable sweet potatoes that come pre-wrapped – you just pop them in the microwave for 7 minutes and they’re perfectly cooked. The wrapping steams them and keeps them from getting dried out, which usually happens when I cook them in the microwave. Yay for shit that makes life easier.
4. My coworkers and I may have convinced my boss to give us Veteran’s Day off. Yay for locally-owned businesses not tied to corporate rules.
5. I literally have zero plans this weekend. I see a whole lot of Netflix and pajamas in my future.