In honor of my dad’s birthday, here are a bunch of things that are awesome about him.
– He is an expert on absolutely everything. Computers? Check. Geology? Of course. Astronomy, philosophy, math, biology, music? UH HUH.
– He has hobbit feet that don’t fit into toe socks, but he wears them anyway with the toes sticking out all crazy because it annoys my mom.
– He is the most patient person alive (as evidenced by the fact that he helped me with high school math homework without murdering me). No matter how busy he is, he always picks up the phone when I call, even though I’m usually freaking out about something stupid like whether I should get earthquake insurance because I had a dream the house fell down during a quake.
– He took us on yearly camping trips growing up.
– On more than one occasion he has taken his laptop camping with us and had to set up a chair outside the bathrooms so he could connect to the outlet via extension cord.
– He can fly planes.
– One time he promised us brownies, and after dinner he got a brown marker and colored on our knees and told us those were our “brown-knees.” I think we cried.
– He is the most awesome grandpa to my nephew.