1. After months of whining, SOMEBODY finally got his damn hot dog cooker. So now this wtfery is happening on our kitchen counter:
I hate to admit it, but we cooked angus dogs on this thing last night and they were kind of excellent.
2. I’ve re-discovered my love of Cream of Wheat.
Dave’s mom brought by a bunch of grocery coupons last weekend, and when I saw one for Cream of Wheat I remembered how much I loved that stuff as a kid, and added it to our shopping list. Turns out it’s as delicious as I remembered, even without the six tablespoons of butter and softball-sized ball of brown sugar I’d top it with when I was younger. (I carefully cut out the coupon and then forgot it on the kitchen table, standard.)
3. HALLELUJAH, HOLY SHIT, THE PIPE IS FIXED.
Sure, there’s a big hole in our front yard and our entire driveway/sidewalk is caked in mud, but I can fall asleep without wondering if the crawl space under our house is slowly filling up with water.
4. One of my oldest friends, Joanna, is getting married tomorrow, and I’m so excited to celebrate with her. Fun fact: We met as kids at church, where we sat in the back row together and bonded over our mutual hatred of songs with dumb hand motions. Here we are with some friends on my 16th birthday:
5. My sister is due to deliver her second son any day now! She has cute kids (evidence below), so we’re pretty excited.
Have a good weekend!