When I got up this morning my phone tried to trick me into thinking it was Thursday by not changing the date on my wallpaper screen. At first I was like, “Huh, maybe I just need to turn it off and back on,” and in the time it took to power back up I started to panic that maybe it WAS really Thursday and I’m going crazy and also I woke up in a good mood for NOTHING.
CRISIS AVERTED GUYS, IT’S REALLY FRIDAY.
Anyway, I had a pretty stellar week, thanks to the following things:
1. My brother-in-law Jason had an overnight trip in Medford, so I took part of the day off on Wednesday to hang out with him. We ate lunch at Luigi’s, which from the outside looks like a one-way ticket to dysentery, but in reality makes the best sandwiches in the world. Behold the Philly cheese steak:
2. After lunch we visited a local water-powered grist mill, because Jason is the type of guy who comes into town armed with information about your local water-powered grist mill you didn’t even know existed. We were the only people there, so they offered to give us a tour and show us how they stone grind their flours. We even got to go down to the basement and see how the water from the river spins the turbines. It was super cool, and now I kind of want to re-evaluate my career path and look into being a mill worker. Fun fact: this place is actually the last water-powered grist mill commercially operating this side of the Mississippi.
3. After our tour we headed to the gift shop, where I bought a cookie mix made from the mill’s stone-ground whole wheat flour. It was a good decision.
4. This week I got hired to write for a really cool blog (hopefully I’ll be able to share more details soon). So far I have resisted the urge to ask Dave to refer to me as “Freelancer” a la Sydney Bristow, but I only have so much willpower.
5. We are having friends over this weekend to take in one of the best/worst “horror” movies in existence: “Birdemic: Shock and Terror.” Here is some actual footage that was intended to strike actual fear into actual people with actual brains:
Have a good weekend!