1. It’s been cold and rainy for the last few weeks, and I’ve become addicted to buying bright flowers every time I go to the grocery store. If it can’t be spring outside my house, it can be spring inside my house, dammit.
2. My FlipBelt arrived last night! I haven’t tested it out yet, but I plan to wear it on my long run on Sunday. I only have one pair of running bottoms with a zip pocket, and once I cram my chapstick, energy chews and house key inside of it, I wind up looking like I have a tumor on my lower back. I don’t even take my phone on runs with me, since it won’t fit. My phone, key, chews, and ID all fit inside the FlipBelt with room to spare, and it’s super comfy. I’ll report back with a full review next week!
3. I’m really bad about putting off getting my hair done unless I’m making a drastic change. My hair grows pretty fast, and my split end/bangs situation tends to get really out of control, so I’ve been trying to be better about getting regular trims every six weeks or so. One of the other stylists came up to me as I was leaving on Wednesday and was all, “Did you know we do spray tans?” The sad thing is that I’ve been regularly applying tanning lotion for a couple weeks now. Damn you, Irish ancestors.
4. A couple weeks ago I asked you guys if you had any favorite at-home workouts, and a couple people recommended Fitness Blender. I tried the 30-minute Brutal Butt & Thigh Workout last night and totally loved it. I get really tired of the same old squats and lunges on most videos, but this one included a bunch of moves I hadn’t done before. The deadlifts with turned-out toes (pictured below) were particularly brutal.
5. I plan to devote a few solid hours to watching Breaking Bad this weekend. I had a mild panic attack earlier this week when I realized there are only 5 seasons, and we’re almost done with season 4. Our obsession with this show is not unlike that Portlandia BSG skit, and I know it’s going to be ugly when we finish the series.
Have a great weekend!