1. Eating lunch outside during that glorious one-month period of the year where it’s in between “pleasantly warm” and “I can actually feel my eyeballs sweating.”
2. My friend is hooking me up with fresh eggs from her chickens and they are SO GOOD. We’d like to get some hens eventually (we can have up to five within city limits), but we need to figure out our backyard plans first.
3. This bread pudding from Porter’s. I had them package half of it up to take home with me, and then I ate it out of the box the second we got home. #suchrestraint #muchclass
4. I didn’t feel like making dinner one night, so I heated up some leftover spaghetti squash and topped it with avocado basil sauce. Just combine a large avocado with 1-2 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 4-5 fresh basil leaves, and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Dave and I went wine tasting in Southern Oregon with a group of acquaintances last weekend. A few thoughts: 1) Turns out, I really like Bordeaux-style wines. 2) Southern Oregon is so pretty, and we should all live there. 3) Pretentious people are really fun to watch, and I WILL mock you on my blog, should you decide to brag about your palate being able to discern what kind of soil the grapes were grown in.
What were your highs this week?